As the second series of electric locomotives on the Ferrovia della Valtellina, the three engines with the numbers 361, 362 and 363 were used. They did not have single axle drive, instead there were three coupled axles and two carrying axles. In order to master the many curves on the route, the outer coupled axle was connected to the adjacent carrying axle to form a steering bogie and the middle axle could be moved sideways. Two motors, each with 600 hp, which were mounted low in the main frame and drove the middle axle, provided the power. Two speeds of 34 and 68 km/h could be realized via a cascade circuit, which controlled the activation of the two motors with different numbers of poles.
As early as 1906, when the locomotives had not been in use for long, they were rented by the Swiss electrical company BBC. This required three more locomotives, as the operation in the newly built and electrified Simplon Tunnel required the use of five locomotives, which BBC could not yet provide. The locomotives were listed there by the SBB as Fb 3/5 and had no problem with the local frequency of 16 instead of 15.6 Hertz, also with a voltage of 3,000 volts. Only the pantographs with roller contacts were replaced with BBC pantographs. The three locomotives were returned to the FS in 1908 and remained in service there as the E.360 until the 1960s.