In 1934 and 1935, the WBBE had the Düsseldorf waggon factory build a railcar that was designed according to the latest principles. The railcar consisted of two bodies, each 18 meters long, which were mounted in the middle on a common Jakobs bogie. The bodies were self-supporting and reinforced by ribbings in the walls and floor. There were a total of 143 third-class seats in the vehicle. The engine was mounted together with the generator on one of the outer bogies, while the traction motors were in the Jakobs bogie. Later, some express railcars of the Reichsbahn were developed with a similar structure.
By 1940, the railcar had run almost 400,000 km, but in the period that followed up to the end of the war there was an above-average number of visits to the workshop. One of the main reasons was the storage of the power plant in the bogie, which led to engine damage shortly after commissioning and later led to the engine and generator being stored in the car body. The brakes were also considered too weak and several rear-end collisions were recorded. After the war, the vehicle continued to be used in the Weimar area and was then transferred to Templin in 1958. It had been given the number VT 137 555 by the Reichsbahn. After damage to a drive axle and a cable fire, it was shut down in 1963 and retired in 1968 because spare parts could not be obtained in the meantime.