The Metropolitan Railway's class H was a tank locomotive for fast passenger services between the suburbs of London and the town of Aylesbury. It was developed as a “double ender” with two driving axles because the 0-6-4T class G had a rigid wheelbase that was too long for the tight curves in the suburbs.
In 1920 and 1921 Kerr, Stuart & Co. delivered a total of eight. They could easily negotiate curves up to 300 feet (91 m) and were designed for trains of 250 tons. When they were taken over by the LNER in 1923 they became Class H2. In 1941 they were relocated to Nottingham, but between 1942 and 1947 they were all scrapped.