In 1906, the Prince Henri Railway procured three shunting locomotives from Borsig in Berlin-Tegel in view of the increased loads in freight traffic. These were classic eight-coupled tanklocomotives with saturated steam technology, which were retrofitted with superheaters in 1925 and 1926. For better running characteristics, the second and fourth axles could be shifted sideways by 13 mm.
During the German occupation they were listed by the Reichsbahn as class 9227. After the war, the state railroad CFL placed them in the series 42. Their service life ended between 1952 and 1954. An almost identical version with a track gauge of 1,676 mm was delivered to Argentina.