The T 334.0 was a medium shunting locomotive that was also known in the GDR. In 1957, CKD had built three prototypes with the 410 hp 12 V 170 DR engine, which went into series production from 1961 in a slightly modified form with a different hydraulic transmission. The other gearbox was used because it allowed a higher top speed of 60 km/h and at the same time offered a shunting gear for 30 km/h. In contrast to other shunting locomotives with axles mounted in the frame that were built at this time, the T 334.0 had no external connecting rods, but was driven directly on the axles by cardan shafts.
The first series of a total of 325 pieces was made directly by CKD until 1966. Of these, a total of 71 went to works railways in the GDR, for example to the chemical fiber combine Schwarza and the Maxhütte Unterwellenborn. A second series of 120 locomotives was made by SMZ in Dubnica between 1966 and 1968 and a third series of 131 pieces came by Turcianska strojarne n.p. in Martin between 1969 and 1973. The machines of the Czechoslovak State Railways were painted green and were therefore nicknamed “Rosnicka” (tree frog). From 1988 they were designated as class 710 and from 1995 they were fitted with new engines by the Czech State Railways, as the basic structure was still in very good condition. The latter became class 711. Some of the locomotives also remained in use on works railways and in other countries for longer.