A few years after the T 05, the WBBE ordered a second railcar with the same dimensions but different power train technology. After the unsuccessful diesel-electric version, diesel-mechanical propulsion equipment with three engines was now used, each driving a bogie. The engines were located under the floor and were each connected to a Mylius gearbox. Due to the smaller engines, a small luggage compartment could now be accommodated in each car and the number of seats increased by 33.
The control impulses for the engines and transmissions were transmitted electrically and pneumatically from the respective driver's cab. Due to the resulting delay, the three systems did not run synchronously, which resulted in damage after a short time. During the war, due to the difficulties and lack of fuel, the vehicle was often used as an unpowered car on steam trains. In contrast to the T 05, the T 10 came to West Germany after the war, where it was initially fitted with two new MaK engines in 1947 and the Jakobs bogie lost its drive. In 1953 the engines were exchanged again for those from Büssing. Until 1963 it was used between Trier and Bullay and between 1965 and 1968 it was used again as a passenger car.