In the period between 1884 and 1892, the Pfalzbahn received a total of 22 freight locomotives with a 0-6-0 wheel arrangement. They basically corresponded to the Bavarian C IV in some respects. Compared to the G 2I, the cylinders were slightly larger and the wheel diameter was larger. The heating surfaces and the pressure of the boiler, on the other hand, were largely unchanged. Apparently at least one machine survived the First World War because it was given to France as reparations. Two locomotives also seem to have been sold to the Saarland.