Some similar types of Pacific locomotives were combined in the Pashiro class, which were built from 1933 by various manufacturers for several railway companies with a focus on Manchuria. The vast majority were of a type built by Kawasaki, Nippon Sharyo and Hitachi for the Manchukuo State Railways. They were called “New National Great Pashi” to distinguish them from the Pashisa class. Mantetsu procured 45 examples, some of which were built in Dalian. Eight pieces went to the Central China Railway, which used them under the designation KC100.
Compared to the Pacifics previously used in Manchuria, the major innovations consisted of a boiler with a combustion chamber and a feedwater heater. With a locomotive operating weight of just over 100 tonnes, they were also heavier and at the same time they had a larger tender. The engines of Mantetsu received the largest tender with an operating weight of more than 83 tonnes, the tenders of the other operators weighed between 71 and 73 tonnes when loaded. With the 57 examples built directly for the North China Railway during the war, there were a total of 254 units by 1944.
After World War II, there were a few locomotives in Korea that were among the 25 originally loaned by the Manchukuo State Railways to what was then Chosen. The Chinese State Railways took over well over 200 examples and classified them as SL6s. Due to the lack of more modern locomotive types, another 151 units were built between 1956 and 1958. The locomotives were eventually used throughout China and were essential for passenger service. The last ones were even used until 1991.