When the First Transcontinental Railroad was completed at Promontory Summit in Utah on May 10, 1869, the Union Pacific's No. 119 and the Central Pacific's No. 60 “Jupiter” met. CPRR President Leland Stanford was transported by the “Jupiter” on the final leg to Promontory Summit, where he hammered in the Golden Spike.
The locomotive was built in Schenectady together with the identical numbers 61 to 63 and 84 and brought to San Francisco by ship. After the ceremony, she remained in mixed service for a long time and received, among other things, a new boiler and was rebuilt from wood to coal firing. She remained in use when the CPRR was taken over by the Southern Pacific and was scrapped in 1901. After the “Genoa” and “Inyo” of the Virginia & Truckee had to serve as “Jupiter” in fairs and movies, a replica was built in 1979. This can be seen today along with the 119 at Golden Spike National Historic Park.