83-159 of the Banovići coal railway in June 2016 in Oskova
After several locomotives had been built in smaller numbers for the narrow-gauge lines in Austria-Hungary, the breakthrough as a standard locomotive was achieved with the IVa5. It was built as a tender locomotive with a 0-8-2 wheel arrangement, initially with a compound engine and later as a superheated simple engine. They are technically related to the Mh/Mv of the NÖLB. Some were built for the meter gauge for use in Hungary. Even after the end of the Austro-Hungarian monarchy, production continued for the railways of the SHS state and Yugoslavia. A total of 185 units were built by 1949, of which 169 were still in use in 1965. Today, some are still in use on museum railways, including the Austrian Club 760. Two are still in use on the Banovići coal railway today, as they are more powerful in shunting than the existing diesel locomotives.